Monday, September 28, 2009

Get on the good foot!

This morning I looked up the word "bold." One of the definitions popped out at me...Clear and distinct to the eye; conspicuous. (No pun intended, ladies!)
I cannot count how many times I have been called to be bold, but then just wanted to blend in. Turns out that I cannot have it both ways. I cannot say that the Lord is my strength and the Lord is my helper and then try to blend in with status quo. The very fact that the Lord is my strength and my helper is anti-status quo. This help and strength makes a life conspicuous and clear, distinct to the eye.


So today, I get it. It is time for me learn to move comfortably in boldness...which is at times very uncomfortable. It really is straining ahead while leaving things behind...uncomfortable. 


The good news is that I am assured to win the prize in Christ Jesus. I am assured to move in God's purpose for my life, my marriage, and my family. That is the legacy that I am compelled to leave behind.


Hebrews 13:6

So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?"

NKJ

No comments:

Post a Comment